Multitarget .licx error

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
cfm_applied

Multitarget .licx error

Post by cfm_applied » Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:22 am

Hello,

I have a C# project that has 2 targets: net4.7.2 and net6-windows.

I am trying to include license file for both targets and got the following error when the two target set or only net6-windows:

>net6.licenses.licx(1): Error LC0004 : Exception occurred creating type 'Steema.TeeChart.Chart, TeeChart, Version=6.2024.7.29, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7' System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

If I set target to net4.7.2 only then the following licenses.licx file works good:
Steema.TeeChart.Chart, TeeChart, Version=4.2024.7.29, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7

Combining two lines into a single .licx file does not help. Having only above as embedded resource (licenses.licx) gives an error:
5>licenses.licx(1): Error LC0004 : Exception occurred creating type 'Steema.TeeChart.Chart, TeeChart, Version=6.2024.7.29, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7' System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

I see that package version is 4.2024.7.29 but the version of net6 dll is 6.2024.7.29 that may cause that issue.

What is the right licenses.licx file for net6-windows target for 4.2024.7.29 version and how to set up those file for mutli target proj file?

Version:
<PackageVersion Include="Steema.TeeChart.NET" Version="4.2024.7.29" />

Thanks,
Konstantin.

Edu

Re: Multitarget .licx error

Post by Edu » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:54 am

Hello Konstantin,

We noticed that you submitted two posts regarding similar issues. If you believe these require different responses, please let us know. Otherwise, I wanted to let you know that we replied to your other post.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

Regards,
Edu
Edu
Steema Support

cfm_applied

Post by cfm_applied » Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:36 pm

Hi Edu,

Thanks for reply! There are 2 different issues and two different posts.

I will try your suggestion and let you know the result:
Please make sure that licenses.licx has no content (delete any auto-generated line refrerring to TeeChart) but be sure that the project has the teechart.licenses file included as an embedded resource.
Best,
Konstantin.
Edu wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:54 am
Hello Konstantin,

We noticed that you submitted two posts regarding similar issues. If you believe these require different responses, please let us know. Otherwise, I wanted to let you know that we replied to your other post.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

Regards,
Edu

cfm_applied

Post by cfm_applied » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:05 pm

Hi Edu,

Once I added TeeChart.licenses file generated by TeeCalc_Lic.exe as embedded resource of the executable project then watermark has gone. No need to create an empty *.licx file.

We used to have this *.licx files for every project where TeeChart usage exists. Now, we will need to change the build pipeline to have licenses file attached to every executable proj that hosts or may load an assembly with TeeChart usage. So practically, that means we have to add this to all executables.

Is there any way to have old an behavior (4.1.2014.8120)?

Thanks,
Konstantin.

Result: Watermark on the chart.
Edu wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:54 am
Hello Konstantin,

Regards,
Edu

Edu

Post by Edu » Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:18 am

Hello Konstantin:
Is there any way to have old an behavior (4.1.2014.8120)?
For TeeChart versions from 2018, with the introduction of support for Nuget, the licensing paradigm needed to be changed. It is not possible to apply the old model to current builds

Regards,
Edu
Edu
Steema Support